Mongo DB & Rails Views - May 24th 7pm @ Gangplank
Michael Christenson on Mongo DB:
- MongoDB (from "humongous") is a scalable, high-performance, open source, document-oriented database. Written in C++.
- MongoDB features:
- Document-oriented storage » JSON-style documents with dynamic schemas offer simplicity and power.
- Full Index Support » Index on any attribute, just like you're used to.
- Replication & High Availability » Mirror across LANs and WANs for scale and peace of mind.
- Auto-Sharding » Scale horizontally without compromising functionality.
- Querying » Rich, document-based queries.
- Fast In-Place Updates » Atomic modifiers for contention-free performance.
- Map/Reduce » Flexible aggregation and data processing.
- GridFS » Store files of any size without complicating your stack.
- Commercial Support » Enterprise class support, training, and consulting available.
Jeff Cassimir on "Blow Up Your Views":
Whether you're new to Rails or have been around few years, chances are that your views are primitive. Detonate what you know about how views are written and let's start over. In this session you'll learn...
- Why your views suck
- Guidelines for view code quality
- Kill Helpers and work with Objects
- Instance Variables are Stupid
- Treating views as API customers
- Maybe we don't need templates at all
By the end you'll be dying to blow up your views.
250 South Arizona Avenue
Chandler, AZ 85225